Wednesday, September 13, 2006

House

Honestly, it's the best show on TV right now. It has everything that makes a TV show good, and it get great ratings, which is honestly rare. When I first saw a commercial for House, I was like great, another medical show. I decided to give it a chance, because well nothing else was on that night and it blew me away. Hugh Laurie is a magnificent actor, who was great timing, sharp wit, and the ability to be a fucking racist, drug-addicted, cyncacil bastard yet make you feel sorry for him. People will try to copy this formula from now on but no one else will be able to pull it off. The man is amazing and his american accent is a thing a beauty. I like it alot more than his regular british accent, which is weird because I usually like british accents! Seriously though, do yourself a favor and check out House. I suggest trying to get your hands on season 1 and 2, which are both out on DVD now. Well worth the price. Here are some House-isms that I got from the Fox website:

  • "Saying there appears to be some clotting is like saying there's a traffic jam ahead. Is it a ten-car pile up, or just a really slow bus in the center lane? And if it is a bus, is that bus thrombotic or embolic? I think I pushed the metaphor too far."
  • "Awesome. A sex fiend with a swollen tongue. Think of all the places I can make Foreman search."
  • Cuddy: "Why did you…"
    House: "Why does a dog lick its workplace-acceptable euphemism for testicles?"
  • "Is this an intervention? You're a little late, since I'm not using drugs anymore. I am, however, still hooked on phonics."
  • "Is it still illegal to perform an autopsy on a living person?"
  • Chase – "If she's never kissed a boy, it's a fair bet she's never had sex."
    House – "Tell that to all the hookers who won't kiss me on the mouth."
  • "You know me. Hostility makes me shrink up like a... I can't think of a non-sexual metaphor."
  • "Sorry I missed that. White count's been down since the Ricky Martin concert. Some cholo kicked me in the head."
  • Cameron – "His brain is like a waiter that's got too many..."
    House – "Hey! I do the metaphors."
  • Dr. House - "I assume ‘minimal at best' is your stiff upper lip British way of saying ‘no chance in hell.'"
    Chase:"Actually, I'm Australian."
    Dr. House:"You put the Queen on your money, you're British."
Want some more of that? Go here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen House, but those tidbits made me giggle!

Update!

Anonymous said...

What, you think just cause you got some fancy pants job, making lots of dollars an hour, that you can just forget about this blog and not update anymore?!?! I thought this meant something to you!! I thought I meant something to you!!! Don't leave me like this....

Okay, now update! :-D